Nuffnang

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dear Candidate, a #JuanVote Special from a Filipino Sports Fan



With the upcoming Philippine elections, it would be right and appropriate to be responsible enough to exercise our right to vote.

My friends in the #juanvote campaign have asked everyone on the special Blog Action Day (albeit mine will be posted a day later than everyone else's) to create a post with a theme of “Dear Candidate/s: Time to listen, time to answer questions”.

With only days to the election, and staying true to the theme of my blog, here is my open letter to the candidates.

Dear Candidate,

I am a voter, a voter seeking clarifications and answers regarding specific matters. At the same time, I am a sports fan, with my rooting interests and passion that includes a nationalist fervor.

There are some things that I would like seek your thoughts on, things that I feel need to be paying attention:

1. We have an old and dilapidated national stadium in Manila called the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex. What do you intend to do with it? Do you have suggestions on improving our different sports facilities nationwide?

2.  Do you think we are compensating our athletes well? After all, they are representing the three stars and the sun. Have we honored them enough for bringing pride to our Motherland?

3. Is the PSC meeting what is expected from them? Is the budgeting done accordingly well? Are we making the right investment/s?

4. Are you going to uphold the rights of the student-athlete? Do you agree with the stance that Sen. Pia Cayetano has taken on the recent eligibility rules recently invoked in the UAAP?

5. Is the Department of Education, in your opinion, doing enough with regards to sports on the youth? What can still be done?

I still remain an undecided voter. I wonder if someone can provide clarity on these matters. If you do, you may have just gotten my vote.

Sincerely yours,

A Commentweeting Sports Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment